Thursday, September 3, 2015

Pique and Ramos are the best centre-backs in the world, says Bartra

Spain duo Sergio Ramos and Gerard Pique are the best central defenders in the world, according to team-mate Marc Bartra.

The Barcelona defender has been called up to Vicente Del Bosque's squad for the upcoming Euro 2016 qualifiers against Slovakia and Macedonia despite failing to start either of Barcelona's opening two Liga clashes.

And the 24-year-old believes current partnership Ramos and Pique will be difficult to break apart due to their ability and experience.

"I'm really happy to be in the squad. I've spent years climbing through the youth ranks to get here and now I'm working on playing in the senior team.

"I'm really thrilled. The challenges are getting greater, as is my excitement. I feel I have the support of both my team-mates and the gaffer. 

"It's a thrilling challenge to give 200 percent to improve my game, develop as a player and stamp my mark on the national team. I'm exactly where I want to be, in the first team at Barcelona and in the Spain squad."

No comments:

Post a Comment