Sunday, September 20, 2015

Bayern won't win the Bundesliga - Aubameyang

Borussia Dortmund ace Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang does not believe that reigning champions Bayern Munich will win the Bundesliga this season.

The Bavarians have claimed the last four titles and are heavy favourites to make history by becoming the first team to win five in a row.

However, with leaders Dortmund claiming maximum points from their opening four matches this term, Aubameyang believes that BVB are well placed to end Bayern's domestic dominance.

"We have started the season well," the striker stated. "Although everybody knows that Bayern are favourites, as I said, and I am probably the only one thinking this and others don't, I don't think that Bayern will win the league this season. At least, this is what I think.

"But we have to keep up for the whole season and then we'll see how the season will shape up at the end.

"I think that we have started very well. It's good that we have managed to achieve this winning streak. We'll have to continue playing as we know and try to win."

Aubameyang already has five league goals to his name this season, having been given a prominent attacking role under new coach Thomas Tuchel, and the Gabon international believes that there are plenty more to come.

"I want to score 20 goals in the Bundesliga this season," the 26-year-old added.

"That's a target I want to achieve. I have a bet with the coach so I will give it my all in order to achieve this goal because I want to improve.

"It's not really a bet but at the end of the season I will show you something. I will have something to show but only at the end of the season.

"[Tuchel] has managed to make me feel at ease from day one. He gives me the confidence I need. He talks to me a lot. We speak in English but it's good for me to talk with him.

"We have many exchanges and we work a lot on this, on the videos and we do all this kind of things."

No comments:

Post a Comment