Thursday, September 3, 2015

Costa: Robben row hasn't put me off showboating

Douglas Costa has insisted that he would repeat the showboating skills he showed during Bayern Munich's 3-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen if given the chance, despite an argument with winger Arjen Robben.

The Brazilian, who joined the club from Shakhtar Donetsk in the summer, produced an audacious trick in the closing stages of the club’s 3-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen, and was subsequently reprimanded by the Dutchman.

Costa, though, remains unruffled by the criticism and says it has not put him off such displays of skill.

"There is a lot of talk about what I discussed with Robben,” he said. “After the game he told me that he knows the quality of Brazilian footballers, but also advised me to be careful with such tricks in German football because the audience and the opposing players in the Bundesliga do not like it.

"I thanked him and told him that I will make it up to him when the chance to do such a thing comes around again.

“I think that's part of the game and part of Brazilian football."

No comments:

Post a Comment