Saturday, August 29, 2015

Van Gaal: I discuss everything with Rooney

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has revealed his close relationship with striker Wayne Rooney, insisting that he listens to his captain's advice on everything.

The experienced Dutchman is well known for his stubborn and inflexible tendencies but he believes that he has an honest and impartial approach.

Van Gaal says that the pair talk about every conceivable issue and is happy to change his mind if the England star has better ideas.

"I know what I want but I am an open guy," he told the press. "I trust Wayne and I think he trusts me so, when he comes in to talk, I always pay attention.

"He has the confidence to say things that other players won't say but that is good for the atmosphere in the dressing room.

"We speak about the selection of the team, the kitchen and the other staff. Everything."

The 64-year-old, who had a public falling out with backup goalkeeper Victor Valdes this summer, denies that he is a difficult manager under whom to work.

"I am more open than other coaches with all of my players," he declared. "I am open with the players, with my media officer and also the media.

"I am amazed when people say I am single-minded. Yes, I have a philosophy and you have to come with good arguments to change that philosophy, but, if someone has a better argument than me, then I will change."

No comments:

Post a Comment