Monday, August 31, 2015

Tottenham reception gave me goose bumps, admits Son

New Tottenham winger Son Heung-Min admits he was left with goose bumps by his unveiling at home to Everton, and says he is eager to repay the support of the fans.

Son signed for Spurs from Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen on Friday in a deal believed to be worth around £22 million, penning a five-year contract with the north London club.

The 23-year-old requires his work permit to be finalised before making his Spurs debut but, after being introduced to the White Hart Lane crowd on Saturday, he admits he is excited to get started.

"It is the league that I have dreamed of playing in since I was young," he told told repoters at the Paju National Football Center.

"I feel good even though I have not played a game there. I had goose bumps when I entered White Hart Lane and so many fans welcomed me. Now I have to prepare to play well."

The South Korea international, who is Mauricio Pochettino fifth signing this summer, is now the most expensive Asian player in history and he says he is proud of Tottenham’s valuation of him.

He said: "I feel responsible, also proud because Tottenham valued me that highly.

"It is very important for players to feel valued. Now I'm going to show that I'm worth it.

"There is competition in every team, I would have to win starting place first. I won't rush anything, I want to go step by step."

No comments:

Post a Comment