Saturday, August 29, 2015

Mourinho: I hope Chelsea don't panic-buy after Crystal Palace defeat

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is keen to avoid the temptation to panic-buy in the wake of his side's shock 2-1 home loss to Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Following what was only Mourinho's second league defeat at Stamford Bridge, the Blues now trail rivals Manchester City by eight points after just four games of the Premier League season.

The former Real Madrid coach was critical of three unnamed players following the result but Mourinho says that he is reluctant to return to the transfer market and make rash decisions.

"I hope this does not prompt us to the transfer market. I don't like that," he told the press.

"I gave my club the report of the season projection on April 21. I don't think it's now on August 29 or 30 that I am going to say 'I want this' or 'I want that'.

"We have to do better. Me and the players have to do better."

Mourinho had earlier criticised several of his team for playing under their potential as Alan Pardew's side emerged victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment