Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pato wants Sao Paulo stay amid Tottenham links

Sao Paulo striker Alexandre Pato insists that he is in the dark over reports linking him to Tottenham and is unclear over his future at the club.

The 25-year-old, who is due to stay at the Brazilian club until December while on loan from Corinthians, has been linked with the north Londoners, who are chasing reinforcements up front ahead of the transfer deadline on Tuesday.

Pato would prefer to stay with Sao Paulo but admitted after his side's 3-0 win over Ponte Preta on Saturday that he would seek clarification over his next step.

"I don't know what's going to happen," he told the Daily Mirror . "I don't know if if it was my last game for Sao Paulo. I will talk with my agent.

"I want to stay but it does not depend on me. It would not be good to finish like this. I'll sit down and talk to see what's going to happen.

Asked directly about Tottenham's supposed interest, Pato replied: "I don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment