Thursday, September 10, 2015

Van Gaal: I bought Martial for Giggs

Louis van Gaal has revealed he expects Ryan Giggs to be the next Manchester United manager and believes the signing of Anthony Martial will be of more benefit to his successor than himself.

Martial moved from Monaco to Old Trafford in a deal reported to be worth as much as €80 million - a fee Van Gaal dubbed "ridiculous" - on transfer deadline day.


Speaking to at an event for United's executive season-ticket holders on Wednesday, the Dutchman described the money spent on the 19-year-old as evidence of "the crazy world we are in".

"I have not bought Martial for me, I have bought him for the next manager of Manchester United," Van Gaal said.

Referencing Giggs, he added: "I feel I am introducing the next manager of Manchester United."

No comments:

Post a Comment