Thursday, September 3, 2015

Pedro: Valdes gave me Van Gaal warning prior to Man Utd snub

Pedro has revealed his Spain team-mate Victor Valdes warned him of his "problem" of playing under Louis van Gaal at Manchester United before he joined Chelsea.

The winger was linked with a move to Old Trafford for much of the summer before Chelsea took advantage of their rivals' indecision by completing a late deal.

And while United goalkeeper Valdes spoke highly of the club and its supporters, Pedro admits he did not recommend life under Van Gaal.

"He told me it was a very good club with great supporters and the only problem was with the coach," Pedro toldMarca.

Valdes has been left out of United's Champions League squad following the collapse of David de Gea's move to Real Madrid and Pedro believes his former Barcelona team-mate is being treated unfairly.

"It is true that I do not like the treatment of my [Spain] team-mates, especially Victor, who has been a reference for me and is a model professional," he added.

"I don't think it's fair, but that did not influence my decision [to join Chelsea].

"I just saw Man Utd wasn't convinced to take the step of signing me, they were delaying a lot and I needed a team with which to start the new season. Chelsea acted more decisively."

No comments:

Post a Comment