Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Pedro: I will miss 'great guy' Messi

Chelsea new boy Pedro says he will miss Lionel Messi, having departed Barcelona after 11 years at the club.

The Spain international left Barca in August, joining the Blues for a fee of £21 million.

And, having spent the majority of his career with Messi, Pedro insists that he will notice the absence of the four-time Ballon d’Or winner. 

"I will miss Messi so much,” he told El Pais. “He's a great teammate, a great guy. We've lived a lot of things together, a lot of matches, a lot of goals. He knows me well.

“It felt weird, seeing myself with Chelsea’s shirt, and imagining playing and not finding Messi, Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets or Andres Iniesta on the pitch.

“Fortunately I continue to enjoy them in the national team.”

Pedro also maintains that Barcelona did not want to sell him, after protracted negotiations with both the Blues and Manchester United, but he says that a conversation with Jose Mourinho persuaded him to leave. 

"I think Barcelona didn't want to sell me,” he added.

"It all started with a phone call from Cesc Fàbregas. Then Mourinho calls me and I had to make a decision. He made me feel important, he gave me confidence.”

With Chelsea participating in the Champions League this season, the Blues may face Barca in the latter stages but Pedro maintains that he will never celebrate against his former club. 

"I don't want even think about the chance of play at Camp Nou, I will never celebrate a goal against Barcelona," he said

No comments:

Post a Comment