Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mourinho: Same old Arsenal, always moaning

Jose Mourinho insists Arsenal have no room for complaint after they were reduced to nine men in a toxic 2-0 derby defeat against Chelsea.

Diego Costa's antics provoked Gabriel into losing his temper and the Brazil international centre-half was sent-off shortly before half-time, while Santi Cazorla was dismissed late on for a second bookable offence. 

Mourinho said: "Where is the controversy? For me, no controversy. The game is about many different aspects, technical, tactical, emotional, physical. Normally the best team wins - we were the best team. 

"We were dominant, we were controlled. Obviously let's not be hypocritical and deny but playing with one man more is easier. 

"I think I played against Arsenal 15/16 times and only once they didn't moan. Maybe it was because they won that game. All the other matches, they have reasons for that. 

"I played my first derby in September 2000 - to win a derby, emotional control. I've played derbies in Spain, Portugal, England, Italy and I always say the same words. You always need emotional control."

Mourinho, who avoided losing three consecutive league games for the first time in his career with victory against the Gunners, sees his Chelsea side move just three points off Arsenal who sit in fourth place.

No comments:

Post a Comment