Sunday, September 6, 2015

I'm not scared to challenge Ronaldo, says Cheryshev

Denis Cheryshev says that he is not scared by the prospect of having to challenge Cristiano Ronaldo for a place in the Real Madrid team.

The 24-year-old remains at the Santiago Bernabeu after spending last season on loan at Villarreal but has yet to feature for Los Blancos this term.

While Cheryshev is not sure why coach Rafael Benitez has refused to play him so far, he believes he can soon force his way into the first team.

“Benitez hasn't explained to me why he didn't pick me in the first two games, but I hope he starts rotating things soon," he told Sport Express.

“The situation is unpleasant, but I will continue to work hard to catch the train and earn minutes.

“I'm aware that Ronaldo plays in my position, but that doesn't frighten me.

“I don't fear anyone. He's one of the best players in the world and I'm trying to learn from what he does on the pitch.

“I won't copy him, but I'll try to learn a few things from him. I'll do what I already know, but better. I won't start doing his tricks because only he can do them.

“I think Benitez sees me playing in midfield, on the left."

The Russia international revealed that clubs have shown an interest in signing him, but that Los Blancos have no desire to sell him.

“There were clubs that were interested in opening negotiations, but there were no concrete offers for me," he added.

“Of course interest existed and there was the possibility of leaving on loan, but the club were not willing to part with me and wanted to keep me.

“I have a release clause of €200 million, but you'll have to ask the club why it's so high.

“Madrid probably don't want me to sign for another team, but I'm comfortable here and I have my head down."

No comments:

Post a Comment