Saturday, September 5, 2015

I may not join an absolute top club, says Klopp

Former Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp has revealed that his next job in football does not have to be at one of the world's elite clubs.

Klopp, who reached the Champions League final with Dortmund in 2013, stepped down at the end of the 2014-15 campaign and was replaced by Thomas Tuchel, with the German set to take a year off.

The 2014-15 season was testing for Dortmund and Klopp as the side dropped down the league, ultimately finishing in 7th place in the Bundesliga table.

And though much of his work contributed to making Dortmund one of Europe's top clubs, the 48-year-old insists that his next role may not be at an elite club, despite rumours that he may one day replace Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool, or Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.

"It [Klopp's next move] doesn't have to be an absolute top club, there are other good projects that are exciting, [teams] who need help," the former Dortmund boss told Bild.

"I inform, read and meet a lot of people - there are ordinary little things that are great fun. I miss nothing [from football] currently."

Klopp also commented on his plans for the forthcoming year, hinting that he is enjoying the freedom afforded to him.

"I don't know where I'll be heading to," he continued.

"But right now, that's not important for me because I know that if I will have the right feeling it will be a wonderful next chapter. You will see what happens and I find it exciting right now not knowing what will happen next.

"Most of the time in life, the next day is pre-planned. In my case, the next year is completely unplanned. I don't know when to continue, where to continue but I know that I will continue."

No comments:

Post a Comment