Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hulk: Time to show Dunga what I can do

Hulk says he is ready to show Brazil coach Dunga what he can do.
The Zenit forward was recalled to the squad for this month’s Chevrolet Brasil Global Tour double-header with Costa Rica and USA, and now looks set to make his first appearance for his country since last year’s World Cup.
Former Porto man Hulk was called up for Dunga’s first post-World Cup squad last year but was forced to withdraw through injury, the fallout from which caused some confusion.

“I want to take this opportunity to make sure I always return to the national team. It is time to show that I can do just that,” Hulk told reporters upon arriving in New Jersey.
Arsenal defender Gabriel Paulista, meanwhile, is hoping to make his Brazil debut. And he some big shoes to fill after being drafted in to replace Thiago Silva, who was left out of the squad completely.
“I was always waiting for my opportunity, respecting everyone who was here,” he said.
“This is not me exceeding anyone. Thiago Silva is a great player. As I have always said, I think he is one of the best defenders in the world and he will always help inspire me to become one of the best.”
Brazil face Costa Rica at Red Bull Arena on Saturday, September 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment