Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Giroud accepts France criticism

France striker Olivier Giroud is confident he has the mental strength to bounce back after being jeered during his side's friendly win over Serbia on Monday.

The Arsenal man endured a tough outing in Bordeaux before being substituted in the 62nd minute, with France going on to win the game 2-1.

Giroud, whose Arsenal team host Stoke City in the Premier League on Saturday, has accepted the criticism, but is optimistic he can respond.

"As a striker, what you got used to on a daily basis, it is to be applauded when you score goals. When the opposite happens, it's difficult. Everybody gets criticised at one point," he said.

"That's not the first and surely not the last time it happens. I have the mental strength to bounce back. Now I am going to focus on working. I am everything but worried about that. I will bounce back."

A first-half brace from Blaise Matuidi helped Didier Deschamps' men to victory at the Stade Atlantique and Giroud admits that he failed to capitalise on his own opportunities, though he was pleased with his side's second straight victory.

"Tonight I wasn't very efficient. It is like it is. I cannot focus too much on it. I have to think about the victory of the team and the good form we are currently experiencing," he said.

"We did well against Portugal and it is great to confirm with a second victory for the confidence. Everything was not perfect but we play well especially during the first half.

"I am going first, to enjoy our victory and then obviously I will have to correct a few things."

No comments:

Post a Comment