Saturday, September 12, 2015

Walcott: I should have scored many more

Theo Walcott admits that his finishing was not up to scratch in Arsenal 's 2-0 win over Stoke City , despite scoring at the Emirates Stadium.

The England international opened the scoring just after the half-hour mark after a fine pass from Mesut Ozil, but missed a number of chances both before and after his strike.

Walcott, though, is desperate to add to his tally as the season progresses, having netted his first goal of the campaign.

"I was disappointed because I should have got many, many more, but I’m in the chances so I’m happy with that," Walcott told Arsenal's official website.

"You’ve just got to adapt to the game you’re playing and then if players drop off, you keep on moving and hopefully create space for other people. That’s all that you can do and when you get given the opportunity you have to try to grab the goals when you can.

"Luckily I managed to grab one out of my many chances. Mesut’s ball was fantastic, and it was all down to the touch. It put the defender out of the game. I was pleased with that goal."

Walcott, 26, netted five goals in 14 Premier League appearances in 2014-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment