Friday, September 11, 2015

Van Gaal is ALWAYS right - Litmanen

Jari Litmanen is convinced Manchester United boss Louis Van Gaal is the best manager in the world, insisting his former coach is "always right".

The retired Finnish attacker played under the Dutchman during a seven-year spell during the 1990's, in which the Eredivise side reached two Champions League finals and won four league titles.

Litmanen believes Van Gaal's knowledge of the game makes the likes of Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho look "little" in comparison, revealing how he improved considerably under his guidance.

"After a three-day training camp Louis van Gaal asked if I wanted to sit with him. He said he wanted me at Ajax and that was very convincing. I was ready for it, it felt good. This was the moment I was waiting for."

"I got offers from AS Roma, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid and Liverpool, before I chose Barcelona...Van Gaal has been the best coach of my career, he had confidence in me."

"Finland has shaped me as a footballer, but Van Gaal added the last fifteen, twenty per cent. He was demanding and honest. He saw everything."

"Pep Guardiola is good, Jose Mourinho also. But Van Gaal is the best coach in the world. In 25 years everyone will think so too.

"It happened to me countless times that Van Gaal claimed something which I did not agree with. But when I saw it in practice, he seemed always to be right.

"Van Gaal was actually always right. He was and is always looking for perfection and puts fate in the hands of the players. Everyone is a little coach under Van Gaal."

No comments:

Post a Comment