Tuesday, September 1, 2015

PSG punished me because of injury, says Van der Wiel

Paris Saint-Germain right-back Gregory van der Wiel says he has been unfairly punished by the club after suffering an Achilles injury.
The Netherlands international picked up the problem several weeks ago and as a result opted to sit out an additional training session put on by coach Laurent Blanc.
However, the club deemed that Van der Wiel had refused to participate and he was subsequently banished from the squad for the game against Montpellier on August 21.

"I had some trouble with my Achilles," Van der Wiel told Goal
"But it wasn't clear for the technical staff. When they wanted to do an extra training session I thought it was better to rest. They saw that as a refusal of work and for that I was punished.

"It's a strange world, the world of football. This is how it goes. For three years I gave everything for the club. I didn't play much in the first year, but the last two I did.
"Suddenly, I don't play at all anymore. This is not how you must treat people. But it's useless to become angry."

No comments:

Post a Comment