Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Nolito denies Barcelona interest

Celta Vigo star Nolito has denied reports Barcelona made a bid for his services this summer.

The 28-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Camp Nou, having played under Blaugrana boss Luis Enrique during the coach's time in charge of the Galician club.

Nolito even admitted in an interview last week that it would be difficult to turn down a return to Barca, having spent three years with the Catalans' B team between 2008 and 2011, as well as making two Liga appearances for the senior squad.

However, he insists that he has yet to receive any approach from the European champions, telling Faro de Vigo: "I never had the option of moving to Barcelona. When people say so many things and they assumed I was going to Barcelona, ​​I had to go out and talk.

"Neither my agent, me or anyone at Celta called. I said if the club came to get me, I would go."

The forward then revealed he could even sign a new contract in the near future, while denying the deal would include a reasonable buy-out clause in order to encourage interest from Barca.

"Today there is nothing signed, but what I do know is that my agent is talking with Celta but I try to stay out of those discussions," Nolito added. "What I want is to put a stop to the rumours.

"It is a pain because everyone asks you if you are leaving. It's a little overwhelming, but I try to stay out. I try to follow my own way and focus on the job.

"There will be no advantage for Barcelona in my release clause. If we agreed to renew the contract the clause will be agreed by my representative, Celta and me.

"If Barcelona come after me they have to speak with Celta. I'm focused on playing and I'm not aware of what will happen at Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment