Friday, September 11, 2015

I’m unhappy, Mourinho admits

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has confessed that he is frustrated with the situation he finds his side after four matches of the Premier League season - but dismissed the possibility of him being sacked.

The defending champions have started slowly, picking only four points from a possible 12, having failed to make any headway in the summer transfer market.

“I’m not happy — and I’m happy that I’m not happy. The moment I’m happy losing matches, then I’ve changed a lot,” he told a media conference on Friday.

“And I don’t want to change. I’m not happy but I work harder than ever. I’m optimistic, I trust the players. The players trust me, I know. We are going to leave this situation behind.”

When the Blues started similarly slowly in 2007, Mourinho was ushered out of the club, but he insisted that there is no chance of history repeating itself.

“I don’t want to leave the club, in any circumstances. And the club doesn’t want me to leave. I’m not going to walk away. The club is not going to sack me,” he assured fans.

“If somebody, anyone thinks that I walk, or I leave the job it’s somebody that doesn’t know.

“We have one problem. We are not getting the results we always expect to get. That is the problem.”

Mourinho wants the turnaround to start on Saturday against Everton, whom Chelsea angered with their pursuit of John Stones during the summer.

Despite a war of words in the press over Roberto Martinez's allegation that the Blues were putting pressure on the centre-half, Mourinho played down the possibility of a feisty encounter at Goodison Park.

“It’s one more match for us, no more than that," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment