Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I want to feel important at Bayer Leverkusen - Hernandez

Javier Hernandez says a desire to feel "important" was a primary factor in his move to Bayer Leverkusen from Manchester United.

The Mexico international's five-year spell at Old Trafford came to an end on Monday, as he joined the Bundesliga side on a three-year deal, having spent last season on loan at Real Madrid.

The 27-year-old made three appearances for United prior to his move to Germany but did not appear to be an integral part of Louis van Gaal's plans, and he has now expressed his excitement at starting afresh with Leverkusen.

"I want to feel important again as they have made me feel like that with their interest in me," he told a press conference.

"I want to find again the happiness that I have been looking for all this time. I know it is not going to be easy, but what I have in mind is to play and help to achieve important things."

Monaco striker Anthony Martial is poised to join United in a deal that could reportedly reach €80 million, with Van Gaal having also sold Robin van Persie this summer.

Hernandez, though, insists that he has no hard feelings towards the Dutchman, adding: "He is a great coach and each coach has his methods, his ideas and his liking to follow different styles, so he works in his own way.

"I have no problem with him. The relation between us was completely professional, like the one he has with all the players.

"But he believed that other team-mates could do more than me in certain positions on the pitch.

"As I said earlier, here I feel important and I will learn a lot. I will be surrounded by many people who can help me, so I will do everything for them also."

No comments:

Post a Comment