Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Give Me A Second Chance! Haruna Lukman Blames Weather For His Poor Display

Russia-based midfielder Lukman Haruna has begged for another chance with the Super Eagles after he disappointed and was hauled off after 36 minutes against Tanzania at the weekend.

Haruna, who last featured for the Eagles at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, never got going in Dar es Salaam when he started playing behind top striker Emmanuel Emenike and he was promptly replaced by Sylvester Igboun before half time.

Some angry officials were later quoted as saying the midfielder has played his last for Nigeria.

“It was not me against Tanzania because the weather really affected me,” said an apologetic Haruna.

“I hope I will be given another chance to show what I can really do.”


The player has also represented Nigeria at U17, U20 and Olympic levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment