Friday, September 11, 2015

Benitez: I have faith in Navas

Real Madrid coach Rafa Benitez has affirmed that he is happy to tackle the Liga season with Keylor Navas between the posts, following the club's failed efforts to bring David de Gea to Santiago Bernabeu. 

De Gea looked set to join Los Blancos with Navas going in the opposite direction, but the move broke down in the final minutes of the transfer window, and the Spain international has now agreed a new four-year deal wih the Red Devils.

And despite missing out on De Gea, Benitez insists he is more than happy to have Navas available.

"Keylor knows that I have full confidence in him. I hope that he plays well, he already has my full trust," the former Liverpool coach told reporters. 

"De Gea is a Manchester United player and I have shown I am satisfied with our goalkeepers. Keylor knows how much I rate him and that is crucial.

"I can guarantee you that De Gea will not be playing for us tomorrow and I am delighted wiith our goalkeepers. 

Madrid take on Espanyol on Saturday, having begun the campaign to wrest La Liga back from Barcelona with a draw and victory, though they will be without injured duo Danilo and James Rodriguez.

But Benitez feels his side's strength in depth means they will have enough to see of the Catalan outfit.

"We can say that when [Danilo] left he was not injured. Not James either. Now we have two injuries. We have to do everything we can to look after our players.

"Sometimes we can look after them, sometimes we cannot, sometimes you are unlucky. We will try to find a solution for the future, but the problems with international games are always there."

No comments:

Post a Comment