Friday, September 18, 2015

Beckham stars with Harvey Keitel in new film

Not content with just preparing to launch his Miami-based MLS franchise, former England captain David Beckham is set to star in a new short film.

Released on Tuesday, 'Outlaws' has been produced by fashion label Belstaff and, alongside Hollywood regulars Katherine Waterston, Cathy Moriarty and Harvey Keitel, stars Beckham as a wordless character called 'the stranger'.

It's not the 40-year-old's only foray in front of the camera, having recently shot a small part in friend and director Guy Ritchie's blockbuster 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.', but he insists that he is not branching out into a new career.

"I was very nervous," said Beckham, "to work with such great people who are so professional and so humble and so easy to work with. My job was quite simple. I was quite happy that I didn't have to say anything throughout the movie because, you know, I'm working with professionals here...

"It was fun. It wasn't me going in and launching a new career of being an actor. This was just something that I was very honoured to be a part of and to be working with all of the people that I was working with. I felt lucky to be in something that is so great.

"Guy's a good friend of mine. He's asked me to be in a couple of things before. He shot my H&M campaign and, obviously, I played a small part in 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.' and in a couple of other things. It's definitely not a new career for me but it's something that I've had fun doing and that's what it's all about.

"The biggest challenge was my nerves, probably, because I've played soccer for the last 22 years and, when you step into a situation like this, when you're doing a short movie with the likes of Katherine and Cathy and Harvey, there was more nerves than anything else. Thankfully, they were three amazing people.

"Harvey was the first one that I met on the evening when I arrived and he was so sweet. I was sat in my trailer just before we starting filming and I got handed a bunch of flowers and they were from Harvey."

You can see the trailer for Beckham's new venture below.

No comments:

Post a Comment